Tony Schillage Certified Public Accountant Firm

Tony Schillage provides Tax Services, Accounting and Consulting services to the general public which encompass both private citizens and business enterprises.

We offer a wide range of services from tax preparation and general bookkeeping to more involved estate and tax planning for individual and area businesses

Located Downtown Hammond, 113 South Cypress Street,  Across from old Ritz Theatre. We are professionals dedicated to our clients. You will get reliable, courteous service at a competitive price.


Tony Schillage CPA LLC performs accounting services, prepare financial statements, general bookkeeping, and can develop financial plans. We work in private accounting (e.g., for a corporation), and public accounting. We specialize in particular areas such as taxes, cost accounting and advisory


Tax Preparation for both Federal and State income tax returns for taxpayers and business owners, IRS audits,  inspects financial records and tax reports.


Tony Schillage CPA LLC offers organizations advice to improve their strategy development, or operational improvement services through the analysis of existing organizational problems and/or development of plans for improvement.


PhoneOnlineAddressMailing Address

(985) 345-1898 Phone

(985) 345-1893 Fax


113 South Cypress Street

Hammond Louisiana  70403

Tony Schillage CPA LLC

PO Box 1074

Hammond, LA 70404

Do I Need to File a Tax Return This Year?

023You are required to file a federal income tax return if your income is above a certain level, which varies depending on your filing status, age and the type of income you receive. However, the Internal Revenue Service reminds taxpayers that some people should file even if they aren't required to because they may get a refund if they had taxes withheld or they may qualify for refundable credits.

To find out if you need to file, check the Individuals section of the IRS website at or consult the instructions for Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for specific details that may help you determine if you need to file a tax return with the IRS this year. You can also use the Interactive Tax Assistant available on the IRS website. The ITA tool is a tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with responses to tax law questions.

Even if you don’t have to file, here are six reasons why you may want to:

  • 1. Federal Income Tax Withheld You should file to get money back if your employer withheld federal income tax from your pay, you made estimated tax payments, or had a prior year overpayment applied to this year’s tax.
  • 2. Earned Income Tax Credit You may qualify for EITC if you worked, but did not earn a lot of money. EITC is a refundable tax credit; which means you could qualify for a tax refund. To get the credit you must file a return and claim it.
  • 3. Additional Child Tax Credit This refundable credit may be available if you have at least one qualifying child and you did not get the full amount of the Child Tax Credit.
  • 4. American Opportunity Credit Students in their first four years of postsecondary education may qualify for as much as $2,500 through this credit. Forty percent of the credit is refundable so even those who owe no tax can get up to $1,000 of the credit as cash back for each eligible student.
  • 5. Adoption Credit You may be able to claim a refundable tax credit for qualified expenses you paid to adopt an eligible child.
  • 6. Health Coverage Tax Credit Certain individuals who are receiving Trade Adjustment Assistance, Reemployment Trade Adjustment Assistance, Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance or pension benefit payments from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, may be eligible for a Health Coverage Tax Credit.

Eligible individuals can claim a significant portion of their payments made for qualified health insurance premiums.

TONY SCHILLAGE, CPA LLC  |  113 South Cypress Street  |  Hammond Louisiana  70403  |


website by myHammond myPonchatoula